This project was the seismic upgrade and rehabilitation of a historic school, including the original 1914 building, the 1962, 1968 additions and the annex. Seismic strategies included concrete footings, shear walls, Diwidag bars and structural steel bracing. Demolition, asbestos abatement, new windows, new acoustical ceilings, new flooring, upgraded sprinklers, mechanical systems, fire alarm, electrical and lighting were also part of the scope. Some upgrades were performed to the 1974 addition and the existing North Block was demolished and rebuilt.
As a seismic upgrade to a historic building, for this project the Kinetic Team successfully engaged with expert sub trades and maintained an open communication with the School District and the specific school authorities in order to minimize any disruptions to the building, as well as to achieve the schedule. Early completion and executing the project under the approved budget were results that our team accomplished for the benefit of the School District.